Have you had a chance to see the beautiful fall colors in the area? This makes me want to put a Holmen Locker Roast in the crockpot! Keep reading for a Harvest Dinner Recipe that’s perfect for the colder weather. Also in this issue, find our October Specials, New Products, essential oils class date and a recipe using BACON!
OCTOBER MEAT SPECIAL:
DEER CAMP BUNDLE
- 2 lbs Beef Sticks
- 2 lbs Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 1 Stick Summer Sausage
- 2 Packages of Locker Dogs
- Just in time for Halloween…Skeleton Wine An enticing Malbec with aromas of violet and plum, alongside secondary notes of blackberry jam and dark fruits. A burst of rich, fresh fruit on the palate, vibrant acidity, and a touch of oak, followed by a long, lingering finish.
- From the Robert Hall Winery:
- Orange Muscat: Fresh citrus and orange blossom aromas with a touch of sweet ginger spice echoed by bright, sweet tropical fruit flavors.
- Cuvee de Robles Red Wine: Cuvee de Robles is reminiscent of fresh cherries with hints of black pepper and spice. This bold, full-bodied, Rhone-style blend delivers a mouthful of berry flavors with a lingering spicy finish. Enjoy with a wide range of food including hearty cheese, grilled meat and roasted lamb
- Orchard Country Winery from Door County:
- Semi-Sweet Pair Wine: Sweet and fruity, this medium bodied wine explodes with the delicious flavor of fresh-picked pears. Serve with tilapia or tru bleu cheddar cheese.
- Sweet Cherry: Made with Montmorency cherries, this sweet wine tastes just like a slice of cherry pie! Pairs well with Italian sausage or cherry chipotle cheddar.
WINE/BEER PAIRING: With colder weather coming, now is the perfect time to make a Harvest Dinner! This can be made in the oven or crockpot. Take one Holmen Locker Beef Roast, place it in your baking dish. Add potatoes, carrots, onions, cabbage; whatever fits your taste buds. This dinner pairs perfectly with Robert Hall Orange Muscat. (Read more about this new wine in our “New Products” section.)
RECIPE: Have you ever used Ground Bacon Ends from the Holmen Locker? The uses are endless! Fry these up and add to soups, Spanish rice, casseroles, egg bake or hamburger patties. Let us know your favorite use for Ground Bacon Ends on our Facebook page!
- Everyday Essential Oils Introductory Class: Thursday, October 16th from 6-7 pm. This is a free class to help you learn the proper uses of essential oil. Please RSVP to Lauri at 526-3112.
- Holmen Locker Art Show: Currently featuring works by Larry Durfey. Visit the display in the Wine Bar. After 1:00, you may purchase a glass of Robert Hall Cuvee de Robles and enjoy Larry’s work. Keep checking back! The artists and featured wine will change.
- Holiday Wine Tasting: Friday, November 14th from 6:30-8:30. Cost is $20/person. Please RSVP by calling 526-3112 before November 7th.
- Keep watching for more Wine Bar dates!
Thank you for your business!