Can you believe it’s already August? We’re getting that much closer to Kornfest! Keep reading for our Monthly Meat Specials, Recipe Ideas and an Ice Cream Social Event which includes a contest!
AUGUST MEAT SPECIALS:
- Now is the time to stock up! Whole Rib Eye Loins only $8.49/lb. and New York Strip Loins only $7.99/lb. An easy tip for cutting the loin: Freeze for about 20 minutes, cut and freeze for later use.
- AUGUST 11th- 16th ONLY: Purchase our Kornfest Brats for only $3.29/lb.
- August is NATIONAL SANDWICH MONTH. Try a Holmen Locker sandwich for $5.99/lb. Select your bread, meat, cheese and veggies.
- Char Crust Rubs, Char Crust dry rub seasonings create a sizzling seared crust, bursting with juicy flavor. You can use Char Crust® dry rub on any meat or fish, even vegetables. Available in: Amazin’ Cajun, Roasted Garlic & Peppercorn, Hickory & Molasses, All American BBQ, Original Hickory, Ginger Teriyaki.
- Black Butte Porter from the Deschutes Brewery: A slight hop bitterness up front enhances the distinctive chocolate and roasted finish. It’s prized for its creamy mouth feel and intense complex flavors. This is the #1 Porter in the US.
- Twilight Summer Ale, also from the Deschutes Brewery: This clever golden-hued ale pours remarkably crisp and clean. A distinctive malt body complements a refreshing hop profile led by a heady dose of bold Amarillo hops. This is the #5 Ale in the US.
- Mirror Pond Pale Ale: Cascade hops and more Cascade hops give this tawny colored ale delicious hop-forward aroma and flavor. Pale malt allows the hops to linger, not overpower.
- Chainbreaker White IPA: Deschutes is taking you into the next beer frontier. Brewed with wheat and pilsner malt; this IPA displays beautiful citrus aromas from Cascade and Citra hops that meld with the esters of Belgian yeast.
- We now have Bakery Fresh Frozen Pies available in Cherry, Strawberry/Rhubarb and Peach.
- Imperial Flavors Beverage Company’s Dang Soda available in Root Beer, Red Cream Soda and Butterscotch Root Beer.
- Candied Bacon Cream Soda and Salted Caramel Root Beer from the Cicero Beverage Company.
WINE/BEER PAIRING: To take full advantage of our WHOLE LOIN SPECIAL this month, we’re going to pair your favorite beer from the Holmen Locker with Beef Beer Marinade:
1 1/2 c. of your favorite beer from Holmen Locker
1/2 c. salad oil
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
Combine the beer with the salad oil, stirring the oil slowly; add the rest of the ingredients. Marinate Holmen Locker beef, turning occasionally. When ready, grill to your desired temperature.
RECIPE: Char Crust Rubs are a great way to spice up your favorite dish! Take a Whole Ribeye Loin or New York Strip Loin and rub your favorite Char Crust Rub on the outside. Start your grill on high heat to help create a crust. Turn the grill down and continue grilling until the loin has reached the desired temperature. These rubs are also great on vegetables, salmon and beef. Click here for other Char Crust Rubs recipe ideas.
- AUGUST 21st: ICE CREAM YOU SCREAM, WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM Ice Cream Social on Thursday August 21st from 6-8pm. We’ll be sampling our smoothies and shakes. Receive a small ice cream cone for $2.00. Take a picture of your child eating ice cream during this event and submit it to our Facebook page. We’ll vote for the “Cutest Kid” on August 25th. The winner will receive a pint of Blue Moon Ice Cream. (By submitting your picture, you agree to allow us to use it for marketing purposes.) Can’t attend the event? Make sure to “Like” the child you think is the cutest!
Thank you for your business!